The Heritage Inn Balloon Festival would not be successful without the countless hours of dedication our volunteers provide. We welcome you to join our team to help during the event.
Intro to Hot Air Ballooning
Interested in what crewing at the Festival might be like? Register for an Intro to Hot Air Ballooning workshop for a hands-on learning experience about ballooning. Next workshops are scheduled for August 13 and September 24, 2023.
We are looking for help in the areas of:
- balloon crew
- field management
- traffic management
- scoring teams
- volunteer check-in
- Balloon Glow
We have something for everyone. This is a great event if you would just like to help out and be part of the fun. We need whatever time you can give with various shifts and days available. All volunteers receive a t-shirt and lots of fun at this most extraordinary event.
How can you help?
- Invite your family, friends, and neighbours to come along and help out.
- Spread the word that we need volunteers by sending out emails, texts, and making posts on your Facebook page.
- Balloon Crew volunteers must be at least 14 years or older
- Experience driving trailers plus local knowledge of the area would be helpful for some positions.
No. We welcome and encourage people to volunteer as their schedule allows.
No! We provide crew training each year for new and returning volunteers. Pilots and those who have crewed before are happy to answer questions and provide guidance as well.
We recommend crew volunteers:
- dress in layers for the weather, especially since September mornings can be cool
- bring leather gloves
- wear sturdy, closed-toed footwear such us hiking boots, runners, etc to protect your toes
Your role as a crew member on the ground is critical for hot air balloons to launch and land safely. Volunteers should not expect they will get a balloon ride.
Volunteer Online Application
We are looking for volunteers at the festival September 27 - October 1, 2023.
We are using a new volunteer sign up program, and it has been an adjustment for us and the pilots.
The volunteer sign up site is: https://myhrbec.ivolunteer.com/hiibf_2023
NOTE: When you sign up for your first shift you will be asked to confirm your email address. Complete this step by going to your email and clicking on the link before you sign up for additional shifts.
If you have questions please reach out to Leanne, our volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Crew Training • September 26, 2023